HOUSTON, May 2, 2023 (Newswire.com) - Nat G CNG Solutions has launched an initiative that enables operators of diesel-powered Class 7/8 trucks to reduce their carbon footprint by reducing the consumption of diesel fuel — displacing it (up to 60%) with CNG/RNG fuel. The initiative includes converting existing diesel fleet trucks and installing fueling systems as well as working with CNG/RNG suppliers to optimize fleet use of natural gas. Nat G will be available to meet at the 2023 Advanced Clean Transportation Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center this week, May 1-3, 2023.
Dual Fuel diesel/CNG-RNG systems for Class 7/8 trucks offer key advantages over diesel-only:
- Natural Gas is a domestically produced alternative fuel that reduces our dependence on foreign oil sources that are impacted by world economic and political instability.
- Reduces fleet operating costs since CNG costs less than diesel.
- Enables fleet operators to take advantage of alternative fuel incentives offered by state/federal programs.
- Can extend the range of long-haul Class 7/8 Trucks by adding fuel capacity.
- The comprehensive Nat G program includes both vehicle Dual Fuel and CNG fueling infrastructure to support Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) objectives that an increasing number of fleets are focusing on.
- Reduces the carbon footprint of today's fleet trucks, especially by the use of RNG. No need to wait for battery-powered technology that is likely years out for Class 7/8 long haul trucks.
"Extremely limited availability of 'clean diesel' and expensive battery-powered class 7/8 trucks (@2-3 times the cost of diesel) that cannot meet long haul requirements means fleet operators must continue to operate diesel-powered trucks," observed Dudley Westlake, Nat G Vice President of Sales. "Nat G has partnered with leading Dual Fuel system makers to offer systems for a wide range of Class 7/8 trucks," Dennis Foose, Nat G CEO, added.
About Nat G
Nat G has more than 15 years of experience offering fleet customers the best available alternative fuel systems for trucks of all classes and applications. Nat G is a Hexagon Agility ASP (approved service provider). Our Vehicle Conversion Center is a fully licensed and Ford Factory Qualified Vehicle Modifier with CNG and propane-certified technicians, CSA-qualified cylinder inspectors, ASE-certified mechanics, and the expertise each fleet needs to make the transition to clean, cost-effective natural gas and propane. We now offer natural gas and propane Monofuel, Bifuel and Dual Fuel vehicle conversions. Nat G® also has experience building large and small public and private CNG refueling facilities.
Nat G CNG Solutions
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 888-925-6284 cell: 760-518-7316
Vice President, Sales & Business Development
Nat G Dual Fuel V1.3.docx
Original Source: NAT G Announces Dual Fuel Program to Reduce Carbon Footprint for Class 7/8 Trucks